Welcome to my Sasha & Friends blog

On these pages you will meet my Sasha's, Gregor's, Sarah/Hannah, Annie/Taylor and American Girl dolls.

Friday 2 January 2015

My take on a Jacknits pattern

Yesterday I decided to have a go at one of the jacknits patterns I have. Searching through my vast quantity of knitting patterns could I find it, no I could not!! Was the fact that I didn't have a pattern going to stop me.... No!
 
      I cast on 120 stitches (now I hate lots of stitches which is why I like knitting for Sasha) and knitted about 4" when I decided that it would be too small, so this was put aside and 155 stitches was then cast on!!

Teagan is modelling the result.



On the first one I had the bobbles along the bottom which I think I prefer. What do you think?


11 comments:

  1. I'm admiring everyone, who finished a knitted project :)
    I looks great.
    But if you ask me, I would give it a try changing the rows of hearts with the bubblesrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I must admit I think it would look better that way round.

      Delete
  2. I too agree with the heavier bobbles below the hearts.
    Hoping that the first one of the four inches length doesn't go to waste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking of turning it into a toddler version, so hopefully not.

      Delete
  3. I agree great first design but bobble row then hearts above would balance it better.
    Toddler version with the first cast on stitches would be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I've decided to bite the bullet and knit another one!!!

      Delete
  4. It looks very pretty on her and it's a nice and unusual colour Michelle. I agree with the others too, I think the balance would be nice around the other way too.
    Although having said that, like this, it looks almost like she is wearing a skirt and jumper as opposed to a dress :)
    hugs Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon, looking at her now from the side I see what you mean, it does look like a skirt and sweater. I will have to make another one!!
      xxx

      Delete
  5. i did actually think it was a skirt and jumper and i didnt understand what you meant ....what if you leave the bobbles where they are and then knit the bottom bit a different colour so it really looks like a skirt and jumper ...maybe a bad idea as i know nothing about knitting ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea Sarah, I'm just casting on the stitches to remake it with the bobbles first so when thats done I will have a go at doing the dress two tone. Credit will go to you if it works. xx

      Delete
    2. don't hit me if it doesn't ! (lol)xxxx

      Delete