Welcome to my Sasha & Friends blog

On these pages you will meet my Sasha's, Gregor's, Sarah/Hannah, Annie/Taylor and American Girl dolls.

Friday 3 May 2013

Arya

She stared at me from Shelly's site
the poor waif had been rejected
How could I resist that sad sweet face
she had definitely been neglected
Her hair was cut into a bob
and sadly it was falling
Come home to me you poor sweet child
I'm sure she heard me calling

 
 
She arrived at home in her vest and pants
in desperate need of hugs
But first a bath and a change of clothes
she did not expect too much
So here she is my little one
now ready to meet the others


She's happy to say hi to all the girls



but I think she prefers her brothers!




Arya







5 comments:

  1. Lovely new arrival, great poem and wonderful dungarees! She looks like she is settling in well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good grief Michelle! You have been busy adopting waifs and strays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, Arya was arriving today anyway but when I saw poor Mitzi up for adoption I couldn't resist!! and so it was a bit like christmas this morning lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's very sweet! I saw her on Shelly's site too and thought she looked cute as a button with her bobbed hair and pretty face! I'm glad she has found a new home where she will be loved.
    Hugs Sharon in Spain x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm gathering that poetry writing must be in your family's genes then? A really super poem about the adoption and arrival of Arya to your home.
    How very kind and 'sisterly' of you to also adopt Mitzi as well. There is nothing like a waif....or two....to bring out the 'mothering-ness' in us.

    I have to admit that love my waifs and strays far more than my more expensive and minty dolls as they seem to need ME far more. The others could probably find good homes at 'the drop of a hat' but for these poor 'special' dolls it might well take forever.

    Already, after only a day or two, I can see Arya blossoming under your tender loving care.
    My 'waifs and strays' send you their love and say a big thank you for being so thoughful and kind.

    ReplyDelete