Welcome to my Sasha & Friends blog

On these pages you will meet my Sasha's, Gregor's, Sarah/Hannah, Annie/Taylor and American Girl dolls.

Saturday 25 February 2017

A great find.

While looking on ebay I came across an incomplete Dinner service that looked just the right size for Sasha.



The set consists of Dinner plate, Side plate, Bowl (which is not very deep), 3 various sized Tureens, Gravy Boat and stand. Apart from the gravy boat which is a little too big every thing else is a perfect fit.

I had just won this set when I came across a 32 piece Dinner Service before I knew what had happened my fingers hit the button and the second set was on the way!


Aria sits at table, knife and fork in hand to show you the size.




Dinner plate, Side plate and Bowl.


This set consists of 6 Dinner plates, 6 Side plates, 6 Bowls as seen in the above photo's.



4 Tureens, 2 with stands. As you can see the largest Tureen would suit the larger dolls better.


And 4 Oval platters, 2 in each size.


Aria demonstrates the sizes of the plates and bowls. Side Plate.


Dinner Plate.

Bowl.

The cutlery set .


This was purchased from the Queens Treasures in the US and has 4 knives, forks and spoons contained in a cutlery tray. It is the perfect size for Sasha's.

All in all a great find.

9 comments:

  1. Well Done You! The dinner service is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really pleased with the size, the green set is a closer fit but it only had 1 dinner plate!

      Delete
  2. Two great dinner sets:) The white set although slightly bigger is right if Sasa was about eight and eating off a full sized plate. Nice to see the Queens treasure cutlery I have that in my watching, now I can see it's a good size I'll have to buy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any excuse, but they really are a good fit as Aria demonstrates.

      Delete
  3. Oooh - more dolly china!
    I loved seeing Dee's collection and siscovering I was not the only one who liked it and now Aria is helping you to show us more.
    Your photos make me feel very nostalgic. Thanks for sharing, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're more than welcome Jenann, after getting the cutlery last year I've been trolling ebay looking for a Dinner service and finally found one.

      Delete
  4. You scored some beautiful china and cutlery - well done, you! The pieces look perfectly sized and they are all beautiful on the table. You will be able to set a beautiful table with these pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely and i'm pleased that the 32 piece set is in white as you can use it in any setting. I just need to make the table cloth, place settings and napkins and then they'll be no stopping them.

      Delete
  5. What a lovely china set Michelle, well done on your find.

    ReplyDelete